Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000 Odbc Query question

Status
Not open for further replies.

btamulis

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2005
US
I have several Access(2000) Queries created that are querying data from a SQL database.

I inherited these queries and everything was working fine. We recently changed our SQL server and our IT person deleted the old ODBC connection and created a new one to the new SQL server.

Now my queries do not work.......they see data but it's data from the old server (which is still running) and not the new server.

I work alot with Crystal Reports and it's very easy to 'change' database location. However, in Access I can't seem to find a location/screen where i could edit the connection string associated with the Query......

I'm very new to access..........this has to be an easy fix right?

Bron Tamulis, CPIM
Great Plains Mfg Consultant

Hi,

I would guess that your SQL Server Tables were LINKED in MS Access. Check to see that these linked tables still are available or not in MS Access. If not, then relink. Then your queries shoudl run.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back