Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000 Import Specifications trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghh3rd

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2002
US
I converted an Access 97 database that has a Text import specification table called 'MODEL OUTPUT'. When I run the macro to import the text file, I get the error message "In the text file specification 'MODEL OUTPUT', the STATE option is invalid. STATE is one of the fields. The problem is that I can't find a way to get to the import specifications, since all I get is the error message.

I thought that perhaps I could manually import a text file so I could get into the import specifications, but even then I get the same message -- not even using the import specification but it's in the error message.

We only recently converted to Access 2000 from 97 here, and have already had a few 'Access headaches'.

Thanks for any help.

Randy

Did you save your Access97 database before converting it? If so, then:

In your Access2K database select Import and choose the old Access97 database to import. When the "Import Objects" dialog box is displayed, click Options and then, under Import, select Import/Export Specs.

If you have not saved the old database then you are going to have to re-create your import/export specs.

John Ruff - The Eternal Optimist :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back