Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000 - Change data type in Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmith910

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
GB
Hi

I have an inherited relational dbase which I am trying to improve.

One of the fields on one of the tables is used for time, specifically seconds/parts of seconds - thus 12.98, 22.00, etc. Since the system uses tenths and hundredths of a second as opposed to 'real' time I can't set the value as 'time'. At the moment the data type for this field is 'text'. When this field is shown on a report wherever it sees, say, '22.00' it changes it to '22'i.e. it misses off the '.00' It looks pretty 'naf' on the printed report. Any ideas on how to stop it doing this?

What I think I would really like to do is change the data type to a number with two decimal places, but when I tried that I couldn't seem to get it to work - mostly it just wiped out any decimals that existed.

Doreen

Change it to a number type but make sure you change the Field Size option so it reads Double not Long Integer and it should keep your decimals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back