Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acces 2010 Import not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimoli

Technical User
Jul 30, 2010
US
I cannot import 3 forms from an access 2010 "file1" to the new "file2".
Both file1 and file2 have the same file names. I expected like the 2003 import method, that the files would get a "1" at the end of their name, which fine. I would have renamed when in file2.
But instead, when I am in file2 target and do the import, and i show file1 as the source, i am kicked out of Access and back to my windows xp desktop screen.

However, 1 query and 1 report in source file1 DOES come over fine to target file 2 because these two objects are brand new in file1 and file2 does not have these 2 items.

so i wonder why i am thrown out ?

I find if i put the 2 files into my notebook OUTSIDE the Windows XP Lan, i can do what we always could, which is file import a qru, report etc into a newer access file. So I wonder what is wrong when i try it in the Lan. It used to work in the XP Lan when we used access 2000. thanks

Never mind. I can do it in the lan now. I guess i needed to reboot the main computer yesterday. Something had it hung up. i can import now from a second access file. thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back