Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accept Replacement of Missing Font

Status
Not open for further replies.

litsim

Technical User
Aug 1, 2005
US
I would like to accept some of the (pink-highlighted) default substitutions InDesign has made for missing fonts in my document. How do I determine what the substitute font is (selecting it shows just the intended-but-missing font) or indicate acceptance of that font? Thanks.

The manual explains the 'Find Font' function well. Unless you exlicitly define new fonts InDesign leaves the fonts in their original definition in case you need to return the INDD file to the computer that it was originally crafted on.

- - I hope this helps - -
[sub](Complain to someone else if it doesn't)[/sub]

I appreciate jimoblak's attention to this issue. However, I'm familiar with Find Font and I'm wondering how to determine what the substituted font is and/or accept that substituted font. Find Font alone doesn't accomplish this. Thanks for any thoughts!

I'm still lost as to what you are asking.

Deselect any content your document. Go to Type>Find Font, without selecting anything in the top half of the window, look in the drop lists at the bottom of the dialog where it says 'Replace With:'. It should display the default font defined for InDesign. In most cases, this is Times Roman. This is the substitution font.

- - I hope this helps - -
[sub](Complain to someone else if it doesn't)[/sub]

I get Times Roman as the "replace with" font as you suggest, but that is not what InDesign substituted for the missing font. I can verify this by changing the substituted font with Times Roman and seeing a significant change from the Arial-ish font substituted.

Hopefully that clarifies the puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back