Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accent Mark, and other Special Characters 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jillanne

Technical User
Feb 6, 2003
GB
I need some special characters. I need an accent mark, and a degree sign. Can anyone hhelp please?

The Degree sign on a mac keyboard is OPTION SHIFT 8.
What kind of accent do you require?
An application called PopChar is useful when looking for accents and characters in a particular font.!

Accents are available easily with Mac, but I believe you said you're working on a pc, so I wouldn't know that.

The option-shift 8 for degree is for Mac.

I'm on a PC, and the font i'm using is arial.

I'm going to try Hammerboy's suggestion! Thanks so much!!!

Thought I would toss this in here,

Have any of you create a Caron characters in OSX? Months ago I was having mad issues trying to use Caron C and Caron S. I was even resorting to switching my keyboard settings to Slavic languages. I Could get it on the character map but couldnt copy it into Quark. Could get Carons in file names ok, even tried copying the caron letters from the file name into Quark haha that didnt even work. I ended up doing the job on a PC just to get it done..

Just incase I get another job like that again might be good to find an answer... anyone know?

I always use option+shift+t, ?, and then type your character, s, and then use negative tracking to line them up. It might work better to do the s first, and then the caron, depending on the font you're using.

I went on a hunt ages ago but couldn't find anything.

Marcus

Its odd how you have to shift the tracking, you'd think you could just do it like any of the other accents. Especially with it being a character under the Character Palette for Caron C & S. What would you do if you had to reformat large paragraphs of text, go back through and set the tracking on all the carons? Doesn’t seem right, but not like I’m ever using them or would use them to that access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back