Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accelerator Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfrund

Technical User
Jul 5, 2003
ES
Hi all

I know you can configure accelerator keys in acad such as "CTRL"+"A" or "F11" and many others defined in the customization guide in acad's help.

But,... does anyone know if it is possible to define accelerator keys such "CTRL"+"+" or "CTRL"+"-"??? It doesn't work by typing it this way, I've tried, but maybe there`s a way such as "CTRL" + a key code number or something like that.

The reason I need this is that I'd like to have the same accelerator keys for diferent programs such as acrobat or photoshop and acad.

Can someone help me please, I'd really appreciate that

Bye

I am almost positive you can't do what you are asking, the CTRL++ anyways like you would find in Photoshop. You may already know this but, whenever you specify an override (accelerator key), you typically first input either CTRL or SHIFT, then a + sign automatically gets entered and then the next key, i.e. CTRL+', but not CTRL++. The + means "AND".

Valid modifier and key combinations include the following:

CTRL+letter, CTRL+number, CTRL+function, CTRL+virtual key
CTRL+ALT+letter, CTRL+ALT+number, CTRL+ALT+function, CTRL+ALT+virtual key
CTRL+SHIFT+letter, CTRL+SHIFT+number, CTRL+SHIFT+function, CTRL+SHIFT+virtual key
CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+letter, CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+number, CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+function, CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+virtual key
Note The virtual keys that are supported are Escape, Insert, Delete, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, Left Arrow, Right Arrow, Up Arrow, and Down Arrow.

I know ths probably wasn't the answer you were looking for, but I hope it helps a bit. Again I am not 100% sure you can't but according to the help file the accelerator keys you want are not a part of the valid modifiers Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back