Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCDB & ACCDE work fine, ACCDR errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
I have compiled my application fine and it works if ran as standard database or as executable.

As soon as you set it to run as 'runtime' it errors with
cannot find the you referenced in the Object Name argument
and yes that is bad grammer where there seems to be something missing between 'the you'.

How can I track a bug that only occurs in runtime, when debug isn't available.

Any ideas what might cause this error?

Thanks,
1DMF

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Google Rank Extractor -> Perl beta with FusionCharts

found the problem
Code:
    ' Minimize the database window.
    DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

Is there a condition I could wrap it in or if the DB is set to DR (Database Runtime), forcing runtime environment, does this mean the DB window will never be available or show?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

I still seem to be having problems with one application.

If I run the ACCDB it works, the ACCDE/ACCDR just crashes with no error message just 'Microsoft Access has stopped working'

How do I work out what is causing the crash when run as an executable or runtime if it works fine when run as a standard DB application?

Well typical, just when I think I can't solve it and post, I work it out.

Though PHV is slightly to blame :p

As I'm converting over to runtime and late binding, I also cleaned up my references... so I removed many as they seemed to be superflous, but then the DB wouldn't compile, not understanding "DAO.Recordset"

So I added in the reference to the following library...
MS DAO 3.6 Object library
As I had converted to DAO as per PHV's advice.

Now although the DB compiled into an executable runtime, it kept crashing but only when ran using executable or runtime (ACCDE/ACCDR).

So I removed the DAO library reference and changed it to
MS Office 14.0 Access database engine Object library

and now it compiles, packages and distributes and runs fine with the runtime.

Good fun all this isn't it PHV [lol]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back