Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acad Menu Disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

cayuga7

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2002
US
One of our users running Acad 2000 on a Win 98 machine has had his Autocad menu disappear. He does not know what he may have done to produce this result. Toolbars seem to be ok but all efforts to restore menu have failed. (Shut down Acad, reboot, etc). The only way to shut down Autocad is to control-alt-delete and end task.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jack

Hi,

I know it's abit obvious, but have you tried the MENU command. Then select the ACAD.mns. This will reload (well hopefully) the default menu file.

If this doesn't work, send me an email (address below) and I'll send you the ACAD.mns file I have.

Apart from that, I'm not sure what's going on. I know that when I downloaded the new Express Tools from AutoDesk the other day, there's a new full screen command in there and when it was envoked, the menus disappear, which is cool for waht it does but it's abit annoying to get it back - I think I had to reload the original menu file..

Let me know if this helps or email..

Cheers,

Paul @ Bullet-Proof Designz..

BULLET-PROOF DESiGNZ
renegade@tiscali.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back