Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACAD layer states

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobY

Programmer
Jul 27, 2002
US
I was wondering if anyone had any information on this extension dictionary. I am programming a layer comparison tool and am at wit's end on how to access the saved layer names and values in each saved layer state. I am using AutoCAD 2002. I am trying to compare the current layer collection with a saved layer state...

Thanks much in advance.

Jacob

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, since I don't worry about what layers are saved; I usually try to purge anything that isn't needed. However, if you use the routine:

(setq layer_find (tblnext "LAYER" 0))
(while (/= nil (setq layer_find (cdr (assoc 2 (tblnext "LAYER")))))
(if ss_text (setq ss_text (append ss_text (list layer_find)))
(setq ss_text (list layer_find))))

You will create a list of the Layers that you can step through with the following and pull information from them just as you would wblocks or text or anything else:

(while (/= nil (cdr ss_text))
(setq layer_name (car ss_text))

Pull the information in this section until the following line becomes nil:

(setq ss_text (cdr ss_text)))

I hope this was of some help. I don't know the flag for a saved layer, but all of the data is pulled with the following syntax, if you key:

(setq layer_find (tblnext "LAYER" 0))

You get:

((0 . "LAYER") (2 . "0") (70 . 0) (62 . 7) (6 . "Continuous"))

62 is color, 6 is linetype, and not all of the flags are shown in that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back