Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AC-WIN IP - NIGHT SERVICE NOT FUNCTIONING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hertz

Programmer
Dec 20, 2015
PH
Hello,

I have this setup on my HP4K V5, night service on my acwin is not routing to its designated extension.

Here's my vfgr parameters
<dis-vfgr;
DIS-VFGR;
H500: AMO VFGR STARTED
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| ATNDGR: 0 |
|NOPT/NOPTNO THE ATNDGR COMPRISES THE FOLLOWING DAY AND NIGHT OPTIONS: |
| DAY ATND : 7971 |
| 1 1 :S 5030 |
| 2 2 * :S 5500 |
| |
| PRIORITY OF INDIVIDUAL NIGHT SERVICE: NO |
| |
| AUTOMATIC NIGHT SERVICE: OFF |
| |
| SINGLE DISTRIBUTION: YES |
| |
| CENTRALIZED ATTENDANT SERVICE MULTIPLE CALL FORWARD: YES |
| |
| CONTROL OF DIVERSION WHEN CALLING TARGET STATION: OFF |
| |
| ANNOUNCEMENTS WITH SYNCHRONOUS START OF TEXT: NO |
| |
| IS INTERCEPT DESTINATION FOR THE FOLLOWING ITR GROUPS |
| 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 |
| |
| OVERFLOW ATTENDANT GROUP: 1 |
| |
| CALL QUEUER MODE: DOUBLE QUEUE |
| |
| SIZE OF CALL QUEUER |
| MAX. NO. OF CALLS : 3 |
| MAX. NO. OF WAITING CALLS : 3

and here's my NAVAR,

DIS-NAVAR;
H500: AMO NAVAR STARTED
+-----+------+-----------------------------+----+----+--------------------+----+
|NOPT-|TYPE | DEVICES |ATND|NOPT| NOPTNAME | SG |
|NO | | | GR | | | |
+-----+------+-----------------------------+----+----+--------------------+----+
| 1 | STN| 5030 | 0 | 1 | | 31|
| 2 | STN| 5500 6262 | 0 | *2 | | 2|

can someone help plsssss :)

Best
Hertz

There is an overflow to Attendant Group 1

Hello Sbcsu,

I see, i will try to delete it..

thanks sbcsu

Best
Hertz

Try
CHANGE-VFGR:ATNDGR=0,TYPE=GENERAL,OFLGR=*;

It's OK though to have an overflow group. That config is not wrong.

What happens when you choose nopt 1? Switch it with ADD-ACTDA:ATNDGR,0,1;

Does 5030 get the calls ?

@Moriendi, actually the only active phone is 5500. Correct me if Im wrong, the symbol * means it is where the call routed whenever ACWIN activate its night service right?

@sbcsu, i will try tom. I havent visited the site yet. Too much schedule XD

thanks guys.

Best
Hertz

Hi Sbcsu, calls are still not routed when night service is active on the acwin. Question, is there a difference if the phone for night service are digital or IP Phone? Because the current phone that is active for the night service is an IP PHONE?

Best
Hertz

It is possible to have an overflow attendant group but to eliminate any problems with it, remove it first as described.
Then ensure that the 'moon' button is clicked on the screen to get into night service.
Any phone will suffice for NAVAR Night Service.

When you DIS-NAVAR; the * next to the entry shows the active Night Service

Leave it ring for a while when testing because there is another parameter which might affect it (FASTCFNA)

I'm just throwing a comment out there unsolicited, but unless things changed in the seems like forever it has been that I've been doing this, I might also note that a night service extension typically needs to be a PHYSICAL device. I have used analog ports, and I have used SLMO ports (in the case of analog there doesn't have to be a phone connected), but I have never gotten it to work with Phantom extensions that just route out to an automated attendant or something. I have never tried DNIT numbers so that might be another possibility, but not sure on that one.

So if you are not trying to route the calls to an actual device that might be a contributing factor.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Yes if you want the Night Service to function then it has to be an actual device.
You can add 'NONE' when you are setting up the system just to get it to work, normally only for a system with consoles permanently manned.

If you want the night calls to ring the night service phone quickly then you have to change the following
CHA-ZAND:TYPE=ALLDATA2,FASTCFNA=YES;

FASTCFNA does not make it ring the night phone quickly. It'll ring the night phone instantly, if it's in night service.

FASTCFNA allows you to forward off the night phone to a new destination, after a couple of rings. Sometimes people put a CFU on the night phone which doesn't work, it then won't forward. Night phone must forward no answer to a new destination, and FASTCFNA will speed that up.

The original problem is not clear on this post. If it's not routing to the destination, where is it routing to? Still ringing on the consoles? Ringing on the night phone but not forwarding due to CFU which he didn't mention? Is the call released, not ringing? Crystal ball is murky today.

Hi Gents,

@sbcsu, yes night service button on the acwin is being activated whenever we tried to test a incoming call. And the * on the NAVAR PARAMS is pointed to extension where we wanted the night service to be routed. I will check also later the Zand parameters.

@Donb01, yes it is an active physical device. Im just curious about the differences with it because on my other site. it is working but the difference is that the phone for night service are DIGITAL phones. I already compare the params of these 2 systems. Compared already the VFGR and NAVAR params and its the same. If there is a other params that I need to check pls provide :) Btw, the only difference is that my other system is OS4KV7.

@Moriendi, when we try to test an inbound call then press 0 for operator(ACWIN USER) while night service is active. The ACWIN is still receiving the call, it is receive on the PRIVATE CALL portion of the ACWIN screen. It just keeps on ringing.

thanks so much guys.

Best
Hertz

It's normal for personal calls to ATND to ring on the personal number even in night service(ie atndind/acsu number). But I'm guessing 0 is not an atndind code. So the question is how does the call get from atnd to atndind?

I would add a new night station as a test. Add a phone in NAVAR, then assign it with cha-vfgr, and activate it with actda. Call 0. What happens ? Which is what I said days ago - test a different navar option.

Good suggestion though - do a DIS-WABE:GEN,0; and look at how it is set. Mine is type ATND. I have other outside numbers set to ATNDID, etc, plus the console also has its own personal number that's different.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Hello Gents,

@moriendi, No what I mean is that, I am pressing the "0" on the answering machine(xpr). The local number configured in it is the local number of the acwin IP. But please check my reply on don

@donb01, I do have another weird things happening on my system. As I've checked the wabe for "0". it is configured as stn. It is configured on the SCSU and tagged as float number. But when trying to delete it. My hp4k V5 is restarting whenever trying to delete this "0" on the scsu. On my first delete, Most of the calls got cut as the IT Tech reported it to me.. So I rushed to the server room and noticed that the previous current DSCLX was rebooting and after certain seconds the it goes to the system "S".

honestly this site was just being turn over to me and I never had this kind of problem before. My thoughts about this is that maybe this a BUG for 4KV5 systems. But I believe the support for this kind of systems are already ended. So if you still have something to share about this please help..

Best
Hertz

Hertz, please describe exactly what you are doing. Start with taking a phone off hook. What do you dial? What answers it? What happens then? Where does it get transferred to? What is the configuration in 4K for these numbers ?

Seems we've moved from AC-Win to Xpressions auto attendant somewhere? And it's transferring to either a local number of AC-Win (What number? What wabe?) Or maybe 0? Which is a forwarded float extension?

Please give us a good description of who is dialling what. My brain is hurting.

Restart on del-scsu sounds like DB corruption to me.

can someone help me please I install the ACWin IP to the third PC unfortunately there was no connection it is supposed to be saying on the below right side window Active like the rest of the pc but the third pc has no connection.please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back