Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Absolute beginner - apps, printing, mmc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacekp123

Technical User
Feb 11, 2002
CA
Hi,
I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out, please.

A. We have Metaframe 1.8 on Win2k server.
Applications are already installed (not by myself :))
How do I add existing applications for the new user/existing user who doesn't have it) ?
Applications are not published - that's my guess.

B. How to assign rights for that application ?

C. We have labe printer. We want to move it to remote location. How users from remote office can print to it ?

D. Sometimes we observe that processor utilization on the citrix server is 95-100%, which is not good. Then we reboot the box, but just before rebooting we get info that mmc console is not responding-even it cannot be found in task manager. Strange isn't it ?

Thank you in advance

Jack

Published Apps:
Publish the App, add the correct servers and users( I create a Metaframe Global Group in each domain and assign to that), and Enable the App.*Remember, the app must first be installed using Add/Remove Programs or it won't work.

Printer:
First, the driver might not work,
Second, as long as the printer is on the network or attached locally, it should auto-connect. Not 100%.

Processor:
Sure it's good to reboot, but you should see which process is taxing the server. Use Task Manager or Perf Mon, then see if you can re-publish the app or see if you can utilize running it separate. Citrix Site has great white papers.

And in conclusion, see if you are running the latest service packs and feature releases from Citrix. And go to and patch your server til the cows come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back