Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

about thread708-970319

Status
Not open for further replies.

miglou

Programmer
May 28, 2002
PT
hi,
i find and use fine class described on thread708-970319, thanks BobRodes.
i would like to know how to configure time-out to ftp connection and define time-out to ftp request(put).
thanks 4 your time.
(y)

That isn't my code. I just found it and borrowed it. You might find an answer on the link where I got it. Off the top of my head, I'd try looping around the openconnection method for a specified time and error out after so many tries.

HTH

Bob

y see the link and could't found any information...can anyone send me some information??

thanks

sorry....i'm found lot of information but no pratical usefull ones..i'm lost....
i search on but only found some description..i found some information to use assynchrono comunication, other saying that MS sont expect work fine with that kind of comunication.....i'm lost..........

i think i solved my problem, at least i dont wait about 2 minutes from ftp server answer.....

easy...

on module add
Public Const INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 2
Public Const INTERNET_OPTION_RECEIVE_TIMEOUT = 6
Public Const INTERNET_OPTION_SEND_TIMEOUT = 5

before call InterConnect

Dim dwTimeOut As Long
dwTimeOut = 2000
iRetVal = InternetSetOption(m_hSession, INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT, _
dwTimeOut, 4)
iRetVal = InternetSetOption(m_hSession, INTERNET_OPTION_RECEIVE_TIMEOUT, _
dwTimeOut, 4)
iRetVal = InternetSetOption(m_hSession, INTERNET_OPTION_SEND_TIMEOUT, _
dwTimeOut, 4)

and now i just wait about 17seconds...not bad....

hope in future dont get more problems...

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back