Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

? about symposium

Status
Not open for further replies.

usx

MIS
Jun 7, 2006
US
I may be in the wrong section, but here it goes. We've been getting errors on our pbx (cs1000m multi grouP release 4.5)stating that our cores weren't seeing each other. So we had a maintenance window last night to init the secondary core to see if they would strat seeing each other. Well that didn't work so now we're scheduling another window to replace a card. Here's my question, during the init of the secondary core(which we did 3 times) symposium was going down also. What would cause this? Callpilot or nothing else went down.Keep in mind this was our secondary and shouldn't have had an effect on anything. Why would symposium drop 3 times as we init'd the secondary 3 times? We had to end up sys loading the main core to get symposium to start acting right again. Sorry for the long post, please help!!

thx

I guess this piece of information will be completely useless as I dont know the solution, but it will almost certainly be E-LAN related. You only have to break wind near the E-LAN and Symposium will fall over.

thx....upon checking my even log in callpilot i see that it dropped to. We're still looking into it. Thx!

If you are INI the switch the procedure is to take Symposium and callpilot down.

the rebooting order of SCCS & CP are critical. Additionally, check the deplist on the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back