Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

About Nice Backup Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanghairomeo

Vendor
Jan 11, 2007
JP
Hi,all
I have a very confused problem that the backup tape always eject automaticly when this backup tape isn't full(8%/9%),but I setup the "Automatic Archive" mode is "contiune" and "eject when the media is full". When I put the tape into backup driver again, the system prompt error: this media isn't exceed time limit. I setup the "Automatic Archive" mode don't overwrite into 240 days, I think when put one old media which is not exceed 240 days into backup driver again it will continue to archiving.
I am very confuse. Who can give a help to resolve this trouble. Thanks !

What backup media are you using?

If it's DDS then it's possible that you are using the wrong type of tape.

Thank you! But I think the tape I using now is right. It is Sony AIT-2.

From experience with Nicelog it might be worth checking that the logger has not crashed. If the logger reboots during the archive opertation, then the tapes will eject from the system. When you put these tapes back into the system you will get the 'Medium has not yet expired' message. However if you manually eject a tape (via the Backup application) then reinsert the tape into the recorder, then the system will continue archiving as normal. It's probably worth checking the logs on the Nice Logger to ensure that the system is not crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back