Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

about laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkarjaju

Programmer
Dec 25, 2011
IN
i am pushkar
i want to buy new laptop so please tell me good one
my requirements
range 35K to 40 K
basic requirement
4GB RAM must
good battery performance for long time and long period
i want to buy this laptop within 15 days so please tell me brand name and model no so that i will help .i am awaiting for ur reply.

are 35K means 35 thousand in indian rupees like 40K is forty thousand in indian INR

Price also depends on local taxes.

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Longest battery life generally implies a slightly smaller screen which is not as brightly illuminated. Using that criteria, buying a laptop for my son to use at college, we got an Acer with 14" diagonal - rated for up to 8 hours on a charge. He uses it a lot, but when he has work to do at home, he uses our tower with a 20" screen! My own laptop is a Gateway brand, but made by Acer, and I've been very pleased with it. Previous laptop was a IBM Thinkpad, my other son also had one, and just replaced it by a newer Thinkpad from Lenovo. The 'Best' choice depends on what brands and models are available to you locally.

Fred Wagner

BUT OK PLEASE YOU TELL ME GOOD LAPTOP WITH BRAND NAME WITH MODEL NO ACCORDING TO MY SPECIFICATION THEN I WILL HERE SEARCH & BUY THAT LAPTOP WHICH IS SUITABLE TO MY RANGE.
OK PLEASE SO GIVE ME MODEL NO.
AND ALSO TELL ME TOSHIBA & LENOVO I HAVE TWO SO WHICH IS GOOD BRAND AMONG THEM ?
PLEASE REPLY ME I AM WAITING.

Both Toshiba and Lenovo are excellent. I can't recommend a specific brand or model, becuase the availabity changes so fast - I could look at the advertisements in the newspaper her in Southern California, but what's available in stock here might not be the same as what you can get where you are. Suggest you go to a local retailer, see what they have that meets your specs, and make your deal locally. As with my other hobby, amateur radio, I try to buy from my local store, because if I don't, there won't BE a local vendor anymore.

Fred Wagner

ok Fredwagner sir,
But can u suggest me which brand is good so that it can be more easy for me..you tell me specific brand name so that i can go that brand more..reply i am waiting.

pushkarjuju -
your 4GB RAM requirement is very easy to meet - most units advertised today have at least that much, Windows 7 works well with it. Warranty is relatively important - HP is the one brand that I know of that has had failures after the warranty expires - if you buy an HP, be sure to include the extended warranty in the price comparison. Other than that, see how the units 'feel' - the keyboard touch, the pointing device, the brightness of the screen, and the specified battery life - you said you wanted to optimize for long battery operating time. Just go shopping and see what appeals to you.
One consideration on Operating System - if you'll be using this unit as a contractor in a large organization, you may want the Professional version of Windows, which is able to join a Windows Domain. If that's not the case, one of the 'Home' flavors of Windows will do.

Fred Wagner

ok sir thanks,
sir thanks for co-operation for me.sir if u know good models then please tell me.i will also try to search as per your suggession.
ok thanks sir & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL SIR FOR 2012 :)

Your requirements aren't very specific. If you're still looking, tell us more about what you plan on doing with it, and then perhaps we can tell you what you SHOULD be looking for.

If you're looking for a specific brand and model, then asking in a technical forum is not the way to go. If that's all you're doing, try searching online. For instance:

And there are others out there as well.

But as already mentioned, 4GB is now on the low end of what's available. If it's less than that, I wouldn't even look at it anyway.

Brand-wise, it's always hard to say. You can't really go by brand, b/c they could have one lemon, and one soaring eagle. [wink]

Let us know what you wind up going with, and yes, as mentioend by FredWagner, I'd particularly in your case shop at a local store if possible. With laptops in particular, it really is important to see what it looks like first person, or else you may not be happy with it post-purchase.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back