Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

about forms 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hajimeml

Programmer
Apr 17, 2009
CN
Hello. Could you please let me knows what the following two code statements mean? Is PACKAGE somekind of special file in Borland C++ Builder? Thanks.

extern PACKAGE TFCT *FCT;
FCT->ShowModal();

Are there any good books on Form of BC++ 6?

Packages are collection of files that are "packaged" together for redistribution.

Help File said:
Design-time packages simplify the tasks of distributing and installing custom components. Runtime packages, which are optional, offer several advantages over conventional programming. By building reused code into a runtime library, you can share it among applications. For example, all of your applications—including C++Builder itself—can access standard components through packages. Since the applications don’t have separate copies of the component library bound into their executables, the executables are much smaller, saving both system resources and hard disk storage. Moreover, packages allow faster compilation because only code unique to the application is compiled with each build.

Code:
extern PACKAGE TFCT *FCT;
This creates a pointer FCT to a package named TFCT.

Code:
FCT->ShowModal();
This open the form as a modal form at the pointer FCT.

BCB 6 books are getting hard to find. The newest version is 2009 from CodeGear. I would recommend C++Builder Developer's Journal for a start. Their older issues are free.

Also look for Borland C++ Builder: the Definitive C++ Builder Problem Solver by John Miano, Thomas Cabanski, and Harold Howe (it's old but contains a wealth of info) and Borland C++ Builder 6 Developer's Guide by Jarrod Hollingworth, Bob Swart, Mark Cashman, and Paul Gustavson.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back