Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

About escaping in and out of the script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudel

Programmer
Dec 3, 2002
NO
Hi!

I’m self-teached in ASP and do a lot of jumping in and out of asp code. I read Tarwn’s comment about this in the tread “Loops driving me nuts”.

Tarwn wrote
“escaping in and out of the script is not good for the web server, you can liken it to driving down the road and shifting between third and fourth gear every second as you drive along.”

Is this a fact or his opinion?
Should I rewrite all my pages or just be a god boy from now on?

-kudel:)

This is completely true and nothing but "fact"

Should you rewrite all your pages? Maybe! and Maybe not!

If you are going to have a three or four page web site for personal use and have a small to medium traffic amount then no, don't rewrite anything. But when you get into a site in some instances that go as far as thousands of pages and multiple server generating scripts then you cannot do this. The server gets completely bogged and jsut plain not working the way web development should. The more you jump in and out of server scripting to client scripting the slower your site gets.

[sup] [/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back