Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

About adding html in flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

killbuzz

Technical User
Mar 21, 2001
US
Okay this is going to sound confusing, but I'm making a website for a paintball store and they want all flash for the site. I’m going to add a cgi file called newspro for them to update news for the site. What I’m wanting to know is if there anyway I could add the newspro HTML code in the flash so the text would show up in the flash instead of like on the html page.

Here's the code I have to add in the html, <!--#include virtual=&quot;news.txt&quot; -->

Here’s a site of what newspro looks like when you add it to html. skip the intro and you will see the newspro. I remember seeing something about using html in flash to make stuff work, but I’m not sure if you can with this. Anyone know how I would go about doing it?

Thanks

Within Flash you can have a text box, with properties of Dynamic-text, Multi-line, variable &quot;myText&quot; and HTML ticked.

To load the external code in you can place myText= in front of the code when it is output. ie

myText=<!--#include virtual=&quot;news.txt&quot; -->

Then use LoadVariables to get the variable value for myText.

But since Flash is of a fixed size you will also need to add a scroll buttons on(press) myText.scroll+=1 etc..

But dont forget that this is only basic HTML so adding image tags will not work.

---

On the creation side the client would need to add in the html code themselves. However you could do a little BBcode to make things easier ie bold [red] red text.
To accomplish this you must do a search and replace before displaying the results (you can do it before you save it but it is difficult to edit).
replace with <b>
replace [red] with <font color=red>
replace [/red] with </font>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back