Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

about a table....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdad

Programmer
Jul 17, 2001
VE

hi everybody, my problem is that I´ve a form to change data, include new data, erase data, well whatever, but when I do clic in my commandbutton to record my data in the table nothing happen. I tried with "insert into mytable", and with "append blank" and after replace my tablefield with myform.value but this not work.

I think that maybe the problem is because the form first was do with a wizzard and its commandbuttons was some class, so that I erased the class and I put the news commandbuttons but I no change the form´s propierties and I don´t know if the form has class´propierties but I´m not sure

All my other forms work without problem but this not.

thank you and I hope that somebody can helpme

Bigdad

I don't know what version you're using but I HATE the form wizards in VFP, you can't even use them as a self teaching tool vis-a-vis the event structures and such. I would write it from scratch were I you. JHall

IMHO, your problem is most likely that the form created by the Wizard is set to use buffering. Try putting a TABLEUPDATE() in your button code after writing your changes and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back