Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aborted Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnbuckley

Technical User
Mar 25, 2002
GB
I was re-installing FP on Windows 98 when it aborted. Now I can't get it installed because it claims that a previous installation was incomplete. I have removed all the files I can find and all the FP tags in the registry but it still says there is a previous installation.

Any ideas please as to where the installer is finding this?

I don't know what version FP you are using/installing, but the first thing that comes to mind is to put the CD in... see if it gives you an option to repair installation. Also, see if there is an uninstall option on the CD when it auto runs.

Let us know.
Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

No Sorry

When it autoruns it tries to set up, lets me put the CD code in and starts to install. Then it stops and says 'Error 1500 a previous installation has not been completed'

John

Sorry to hear that, and my apologies for not doing this search sooner... I did a search on MS KB's for this error and found the following:

Which notes that this known issue has been resolved with the Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a
You can get this service release from this page + more info:

HTH
Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Tiffany

Many thanks for the effort. At least you found it, I searched but didn't. In the end, with the speed of connection I have here (28KB on a good day,) it's easier to reformat my C drive than do the download.

Thanks anyway

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back