Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Able to restore apps from 1 site to another new site? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlezzz

MIS
Oct 16, 2002
US
I have sites with 4.0 CallPilot and some applications/recordings that I want to have a new site mirror. I have a full system backup for CallPilot 1...How...if possible could I restore applications to the CallPilot2 - new server? I have an extnernal drive so would I just burn the backbup to that? and then restore only AppBuilder data to the new server?
I tried to export a particular application butnot sure how to import to the new server but didn't work.

reading my original post and i hope i worded my dilemma right but maybe i can shorten it....
I need to copy one application from 1 callpilot server to another callpilot server. Can this be done through appbuilder? or do I take the fullbackup of server and and restore athe appbuilder to the new site?

You can backup (archive) appbuilder applications from CallPilot Manager.
If you already are backing up the system to a network drive it should be fairly easy to setup.
In CallPilot Manager go to System - Backup/restore - Add Backup.
At backup type select appbuilder archive. At device select your network drive. When you hit Next you will see a list of all your apps that you can choose to backup.
You should be able to restore the apps onto your new server thru the CallPilot Manager on the new server.

thanks - not at the remote site so got worried when I tried to restore (but was trying a full backup and prompted to be at actuall serer and not done from cpmgr)....did an appbuilder instead was able to do it from cpmgr.

Can't you connect to each cp thru app builder and do a copy and paste????

I didn't try to access multiple instances of appbuilder....I did try to export from server 1 but did not give option to import to the 2nd server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back