Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Able to FTP through cmd but NOT through IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

vut

Technical User
Nov 18, 2004
GB
Dear Experts,

Greetings!

I have created a user who is able to ftp in to a folder in W2K3 Entreprise using DOS, however the very same user is not even able to login through IE. I have given the user full permision to the folders in IIS, however I am getting the following message:
"An error ocurred opening the folder on the FTP Server. Make sure you have the permission to accsess this folder
Details:550/Default/RDCServer:The system cannot find the file specified"

Am I missing any thing?

Thank you in advanced for your much needed help.
VUT

Is anonymous access enabled on the FTP server? If so what is probably happening is that IE is most likely trying to first login using anonymous credentials and the IUSR_xxx probably hasn't been given rights to the file system needed. The IUSR_ and IWAM_ are special use accounts and have VERY limited access to the system. If anonymous access is not needed then disable it and use the Windows integrated authentication.

Also under the IIS FTP site settings there is a button for looking at the active connections to the FTP site. But for failing connections you are going to have to look at the FTP site logs under /%windir%/system32/logs/IIS/.

[red]Understanding IIS FTP Log[/red]

[red]Creating and Configuring FTP Sites in Windows Server 2003[/red]

Hope this helps.

Thanks

John Fuhrman
Titan Global Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back