Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Able to conect and see shared files but no Internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenomIS

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2007
I am new to the VPN and I have a off site client(XP pro SP2) trying to connect to a SBS 2003. I can get it to say its connected and see all the shared files but after connecting all internet related traffic seems to be cut off. Any help would be be very much appreciated.

So the client connects to the VPN, and can see shared files on the network he/she has vpn'd into...correct? And the client wants to be able to connect to the internet via his own computer rather than via the vpn network, and still be connected to the vpn? Is this correct? If so, then he/she must set the vpn client software (for example, if connecting with the built-in created vpn connection in Windows, then tcp/ip properties, then advanced, of the vpn connection) to use the local gateway, rather than use the remote computer's gateway. The default in the Windows client is to use the remote location gateway.

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back