Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ABIT IS7-E onboard audio 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempo21

Technical User
Nov 18, 2001
GB
i can find no reference in the manual or on the web on how to disable the 6 channel audio on this board.

I want to install a audigy PCI card.

any help plz.

T3/\/\p()
tek-tips UK branch!

The usual methods are to disable it in BIOS or in Device Manager, to reposition a MB jumper, or to just install the sound card(this automatically disables the onboard audio on some MB's).

run both! It's really not a problem for most boards as far as I know. I run an Audigy2 and use my onboard sound at the same time...it really actually can come in handy if you do different things with sound. When you install the Audigy drivers from the CD, it will automatically default the Audigy to play everything in windows and you wont even notice that you have the other one enabled still. However, if you want to use the other one too, many sound editing/playing programs allow you to select the output device to use. You can use like your onboard sound for the TV-Tuner and the Audigy for like games, etc. I have dual monitors and run a tv on one screen and game on the other...it comes in handy for that cause then my gaming sound is coming from different speakers than my TV sound. Or, also, if you're into recording music...the other sound card will give you the option of extra inputs. very handy in my opinion!

thank you again, ill try this also - i could certainly use the spdif inputs in the manner you suggest.

T3/\/\p()
tek-tips UK branch!

Yes! Disable it both in the BIOS and in the Device Manager settings.

If you only disable it in the Device Manager settings, it's possible that Windows will reactivate it after the next boot up. Once it's disabled in the BIOS, that can't happen.

Mick

Complacency is the rigor mortis of the soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back