Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abit IS7-E & Intel 3.0 P4 issues (power?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headmaster

Technical User
Nov 27, 2002
US
I am working with a machine that has the following:

Abit IS7-E Mobo
Intel P4 3.0 1MB HT 800MHz bus
2GB Dual-Channel DDR SDRAM (512x4)
2 120 GB SATA Samsung HDs
56K modem
Matrox P650 AGP video card
Matrox RTX Video processing hardware
DVD writer
DVD/CDRW combo drive
1.44M FD
350 watt Antec power supply

The issues are:
1. When rendering video, the machine becomes very slow
2. Occasionally when starting, the POST will show an error that the CPU is not configured correctly, even though nothing has changed.
3. Machine will beep like there's a problem, different tones, short bursts, until windows xp is up.

My first guess is that maybe the power supply is under powered for all of the hardware... I'm going to try a 500 watt supply.

Any other ideas? The machine works great other than these issues.

Thanks!

Yeah you should get a bigger power supply, second as for the beeps refer to the motherboard manual on what it says on the beeps. Pay attention to how many they are if they are continuous or long. Also ensure video software is compatible with what your running, as I once had some editing software that was not compatible with windows xp and didnt realize it. That was a very big pain in the butt lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back