Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

abit ab-bh6 motherboard help

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelpp

Vendor
Jan 28, 2002
US
I just put this motherboard into a case, I bought it used, it works great except with win2k, when I click shutdown. It doesn't shutdown automatically. I have to push the power button. Only, during that time the power button is disabled!! (power button works fine during other times)

any ideas?

thanks.

I looked at the Abit site and they say that BIOS Updates for BH6 Boards rev. 1.0 are still tested. They also say that the Update will be released soon.

If you have the BH6 rev. 1.1 then you can download a BIOS Update already. If you don't know wich rev. you have you might take a look in the manual or look on the white sticker that must be somewhere at the last ISA slot.

You also may take a look here:

or here:

I have owned two abit BH6 rev 1.1 motherboards for some time and though I didn't put Win2K on it I did put WinXP on my machine and it acted the same way! I had to go into "display setting" I believe (sorry not at my machine right now) and select "screen savers (tab)/advanced (button)" goto the "APM" tab and enable it. After that the machine shut down by itself (without pushing the power button)!

As I said, I'm using WinXP not Win2K so the way to the APM feature may differ but the help menu should be able to direct you!

Hope this helps

Braddds

W2K works the same way. If you select APM in the display applet it shuts down fine.

DaveH

In Xp, you just have to go in managing computer, click on device manager then click on "show hiden device" and enable "NT APM..."; & that's it ! now you'll be able to shutdown your computer the proper way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back