Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ability to use Access forms/reports without having Access installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

agsjjs

MIS
Jun 9, 2003
US
I have a unique question about Access. We have Microsoft Office2000 Small Business installed on all our PCs at work, in which Access is not included on the CD. However, we have a a packaged vendor application that has created some reports in Access. On the PCs that do not have Access installed, we can open the mdb file and use a scaled down version of the Access database. When opened, it displays a form that has been programmed which links to multiple reports which we run. However, you can not minimize the form by hitting F11 to view any objects(tables, queries, reports etc). All you can do is use the form. Can anyone explain how this is done? We have purchased 1 copy of Access to develop our own reports and would love to deploy them to our PCs without purchasing Access licenses for every PC.

You feedback is appreciated!
Angelica

Several FAQs in these forums answer this question. Here's a couple from this forum: faq181-1021 and faq181-1172.

You might also find faq181-91 and faq181-90 interesting.

There are lots of helpful techniques in the FAQ sections. Take some time to browse through the titles; you may find something you didn't even know you need.

Rick Sprague
Want the best answers? See faq181-2886
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Those FAQs are very helpful Rick! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)

One more quick question. I have Access 2002 installed on my PC. I can spilt the database, however, Make MDE file is grayed out. Any ideas?

Thanks Again.
Angelica

This question was answered just this morning, in this very forum. Perhaps you missed it. The subject was "Make MDE File... 'grayed out'" - almost exactly your question.

You will save yourself (and us) valuable time if you do a forum and FAQ search before posting a question. Take a look at the FAQ mentioned in my signature line for other time saving tips.

Rick Sprague
Want the best answers? See faq181-2886
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back