Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ability to channel task assignments into Outlook also gone in 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustywill

Technical User
May 8, 2007
US
Hello,

Oh man, I may try to install my old Project 97! After an hour of research I pretty much know the answer but maybe there's a trick or a workaround someone knows...

In 97 you could easily send your task assignment out via email where it was picked up by Outlook, made into a task and sent to the person assigned to the task who could accept, reject, update, and mark it complete with full blown feedback back into project. It was sooooo nice. I know... gone... or buy a 3rd party project I saw... but is there anyway to hack this puppy so it remembers functionality it's distant 13 year old ancestor did so easily?

Why did I upgrade? (because 97 probably won't run on win7)

I am sorry for the bellyaching -- guess I expect newer software to do more not less.

Rusty

Rusty Williamson
Founder / Director
Virtualmedia Studios, San Diego, CA

I believe you are correct in your assessment. (It seems that MS wanted to encourage sites to migrate to Project Server -- where equivalent functionality is provided).

I cannot confirm your assessment completely because the site where I work uses standalone MS Project and does not presently use Outlook.

I'm going to follow this thread in case someone else can provide a workaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back