Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ability to apply an indentation in multiple groupings

Status
Not open for further replies.

smmedeiros

Technical User
Feb 21, 2008
US
Does anyone have insight how to apply an indentation on multiple groupings
sample:
group1
group2
group3
group4

i have 15 columns of data in each of the group rows.
i want the values in column1 (the group name) to be indented at incrementing intervals as displayed in the sample and all remaining columns 2-15 to be left justified
i am exporting using 'excel(data only)' with the option of 'export object formating' in order to maintain color scheme and fonts

i'm using crystal 2008 v12

Thanks in advance for any tips & techniques.

Sue

I noticed in my sampling, i did not represent my desire output.
group1
--group2
----group3
------group4

Thanks.

If the issue is getting it to line up in a spreadsheet correctly when you export, then you can just put a blank text object in front of each field that needs to be indented.

{table.field}
<blank> {table.field}
<blank> <blank> {table.field}

I am not exactly sure what you need. But I think what you can possibly do (if it does not affect anything else) instead of trying to put all the groups show up in the first column as you have mentioned in your first post, display group 1 in column A, group 2 in column B, group 3 in column C, group 4 in column D and remaining columns starting from column 5 onwards. Make sure to align the fields in such a way that where the group 1 field ends the group 2 field should start and so on.
For eg., in the Design View: it will look something as shown below:
GROUP1
GROUP2
GROUP3
GROUP4
DATAFIELD1 DATAFIELD2 DATAFIELD3 DATAFIELD4 ... DATAFIELD15

There should not be any space between the datafields (I added space only for readability). Otherwise Excel will add unwanted columns in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back