Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

abbreviated ring in bridged call appearance does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florchita

MIS
Jan 17, 2002
US
Hi,
I have a bridged call appearance with the abbreviated ring set.

Per button ring control is in Y
Bridged call alerting is in Y

When somebody calls to the primary phone, the ring pattern in the secondary phone is the same than a normal call (is not abbreviated). Is anything left to configure? What am I missing?

Did you activate per button ring control and bridged call alerting on the station with the bridged-appearance?

Than you should see something like the following:

1. brdg-appr Btn. 1 Ext. 1017 Rg:n

The follwing applies for the Rg: settings
n = no ring
d = delayed ringing
a = abbreviated ringing
r = ring

So you should use the option "a".

I have the same issue trying to get delayed ringing...

I have per button ring control and bridged call alerting both set to Y.

When I set it up as below it rings immediately and I get the calling name display
brdg-appr Btn:1 Ext:2683 Rg:r

But when I set it up as below I get a visual indication but no calling name or ringing
brdg-appr Btn:1 Ext:2683 Rg:d

Any ideas?

Thanks

In cha sys fea, on page 1, there is a field labeled "Auto Abbreviated/Delayed Transition Interval (rings)". For Delayed ringing, the visual alerting will continue for as many cycles as set by this interval, and then it will change to actual (normal) ringing. For Abbreviated ringing, the abbreviated ring will continue for as many cycles as set by this interval, and then it will change to visual (silent) alerting only.

Susan
"'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'"
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lost Road

By default it is set to "2", but you can enter values 1 - 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back