Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abbrev-dial num. *810# ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottncs

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2002
US
What does the abbrev-dial number *810# mean? I was already set up in this switch when I got here. To access it I know to dial *02 for group two and 01. Then *810# comes accross my display and I get the intercept tone. This is supposed to be a transfer, but how can I find out to where?

Looks like it is trying to dial a feature code. If *2 is a feature access code for abbreviated dial list then *8 is a feature access code for something else. Do a 'disp fea' and find out what *8 is for and you'll be on the right path.

That is a good place to start. The *8 refers to the Program group access list code. Now I need to find out what that means.

That's odd, operating without my system handy, but Program Group access code would be the Abbreviated dialing group list as assigned to the station. And then 10 should be the list number, why that would be assigned as a speed dial is a stretch for me.

I found the answer on the *810#

This is a take back and transfer option with MCI and has nothing to do with the FAC. It was setup with MCI before I came.

Right but if you dial *8 and that is a FAC the switch doesn't care about MCI, it's looking to the FAC first. For it to look toward your trunks you would have to use your ARS code or TAC, eg 9*810# or (TAC)*810#.

That's why you hit wave off, the system is going: "Dude doesn't have a group programmed and even if he did 10# isn't a programmable option; send him to tone!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back