Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AAU2 Board - SNMP application stalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

gedii

Programmer
Apr 9, 2003
FR

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help me ? I have an AAU2 board configured for SNMP. I believe I have configured everything correctly and all works fine in that the alarms genberated by the MX-ONE (TSW) are received by the Network Management application. The problem however is that after a number of days, the SNMP application on the AAU2 Board stops running. If I login to it and enter "config", it tells me that it is set to "Don't run the soft image at boot" rather than "Run the soft image at boot". I reset the setting, reset the AAU2 Board and then all works fine again for several days before it stops once again. I have tried this on 2 AAU2 Boards and get the same result. Any ideas ??

Regards,

gedii.

Don't run the SOFT image, stop in the BOOT shell Case Created
March 21, 2003 16:07:14

Case Last Updated
March 24, 2003 13:33:55

Printer friendly version

Revision: A

In configuration AAU2 board occasionally changes parameter: "Run SOFT image" to "Don't run the SOFT image". This problem is observed in many AAU2 board. This problem tied up with power of in HUB or SWITCH when is AAU2 connected.

Solution

This kind of behavior is part of the Product Specification.

And here are details:
Change of 'Don't run image option' in the AAU configuration is coded into AAU Base System as a remedy in the case of any malfunctioning which is meant to prevent starting of the AAU under faulty conditions. If it isn't suppressed, it would bring it into SW loops and would cause complete blocking of the system and all running applications on it (remember beside SNMP, there can be also ACAB, then FTP etc).

All in all, it is meant as a signal for the support engineer that something wrong happened and there is a need for the maintenance. So from that point of view, it's seen as a feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back