Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aastra voip wall mounted phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

crooter

Technical User
May 10, 2005
US
I am not sure if this forum will be the right one---I am tasked with converting a few desktop phones in break areas to wall mounted phones. I have already achieved this but have found that the aastra phone base does not come apart and rotate 180 degrees to re connect and allow the two holes to fit over the Phone Wall plate pegs. In fact, the two holes are on the bottom of the phone itself and since it is almost flush and no indentation for the rj45 plugging into the wall jack, you cannot fit the phone over the two pegs, only the top one. This leaves the phone secure but it can be swiveled since the bottom is not secure.

any ideas? The phone base has two screw holes at the top of the base stand--so you can put anchors into the wall and screw the base to the wall, and hang the phone on the base but then you hcae the wall jack in view with some of the patch cable.....pretty cheezie.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back