Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aastra 6757i dial plan interruption ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catar4

Programmer
May 18, 2016
CA
Hi Tek-people,

I have an Aastra 6757i VoIP phone with the following dialplan in its preferences:

8xxx|[1-8]xx|[2-9]11|9911|1xxx|9[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|91[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|9011x+#|*xx|0

The issue I have with this phone (other Aastra phones don't behave like this) is that when we try to dial eg. 8340, our dialing is interrupted on the third key, we hear a *beep* and it confuses the users on this phone.

The thing is, the phone still lets you dial the fourth number and will dial the correct thing, it is just very annoying for the user to have his dialing interrupted like that.

Like I said, other Aastra phones don't behave like that, so I don't think the issue is with the dialplan or the PBX, I'm thinking there's a setting in the phone itself or a bug with the firmware ?

Platform 6757i Revision 0
Firmware Version 2.5.1.2000
Firmware Release Code SIP
Boot Version 2.0.1.1055

Thanks in advance for any pointers, I'm usually good with configuring the PBX but don't know as much about Aastra phones as I would like.
Carl

Looking on your dial plan...
First entry is 8xxx - allowing to dial 8 followed by another 3 digits
Second entry - anything between 1-8 followed by another 2 digits
In my opinion, there is a conflict...if you dial 8xx phone will send 3 digits to PBX and receive back NI - incomplete number...check your number plan in PBX...do you have anything in system 8xx (three digits) or 8xxx (four digits)? If second, adjust second entry to looks like [1-7]xx and let us know result...
BR

Hi zoo1,

Thanks for the reply. I agree that there is a conflict, unfortunately they need both right now with the dial plan. They have to press "8" followed by the 3 numbers of the internal extension they wish to reach. Then there's special status codes being dialed by "8" + 2 numbers.

I will change the PBX dial plan to use something else then "8" for the 3 digits special status codes and the phone's dial plan as you suggest. I thought I would have to, I posted here in the hopes there would be another (faster) solution.

Thanks,
Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back