Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AAM not recognizing an extension from Cov Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfdzn

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2013
CA
Aura 7.0 single server, I followed the document to configure AAM, CM and AAM, however when subscriber is calling from own extension then call is transferred to correct VM subscriber, but when call is transferred from cov path then system ask to enter mailbox number.

1. Ext 3001 has VM box --> Ext 3001 calls HG 2500 (AAM) --> AAM play welcome message
2. Ext 3002 is calling 3001 --> Cov Path 1 --> H99 (AAM) then AAM ask for extension number

HG99 x2500 is already in AAR, UDP and Priv Numbering and also trunk numbering is set to private

What's your traceSM show? I'd figure in case 1 it's "from 3001" and that's the trigger to answer with a password prompt.
Case 2 should have a history info header with stuff in there like reason=avaya-cm-call-coverage-because-no-answer or something to that effect.

There's 'send diversion header' and 'support request history' as options in your trunk group. whatever they are, the defaults have always worked for me. And I think in AAMs advanced options for telephony integration there's maybe a choice to perfer diversion headers to history info.

Oh, and presuming this is an initial configuration, make sure your AAM works in the first place. I know it sounds silly, but triple check. Like, can 3001 call, login to the mailbox, send a new message to 3001, hangup, see 3001's MWI on. Call back in, actually get told you have 1 new message, listen to it, delete it, and turn MWI off.

If you've got a solid history-info header from CM-->SM-->AAM that shows the call was for 3001 and was diverted due to coverage and its a new install, i'd suspect AAM.

Is this the only extension acting this way? if so double check aam mailbox is built correctly as well as his station programming.

I may have overlooked at AAR table, removing the duplicated entry has fixed the issue..

thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back