Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AAM Basic Users License Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignose21

Programmer
Jul 4, 2003
GB
Have a new AAM (first one I have done) look in Licensing and it says normal and 183 Basic users. Add a mailbox with class standard and then go back and the license is in Error, is there something that needs turning off by default that is outside the basic license.

Release 7.1 AAM and at the moment really just need voice mailboxes. I could alter the Standard Class if I knew what to disable

Mainstream is required for

Reach Me
Notify Me
Fax
Messaging Web Access
Speech based features such as recognition or OneX Speech.

Oh, and I would leave the standard COS there and create a new COS named Basic.

Thanks I will take a look on Monday and like you say create a new COS in case we get any mainstream Licenses in the future.

Yep all good, feel a bit stupid as there is a bit at the start of the class tells you the licence requirement for how the class is setup. Disabled the voice recognition, and the text/email notification status changes to a basic seat licence.

Something to consider is doing a work around if you only have basic licensing but want the feature of notify me. If you have two class of services set up (one mainstream with notify/reach me and the other with basic), you can initially set the user up with mainstream and add the notify me email address. You can then switch the user to basic and the user will still receive the email. The trick is remembering to switch the user back to mainstream if you want to change the email address. You can switch the user back to basic once the user is changed. It is an easy way to make your licensing work and save money since Avaya screws people over with voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back