Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AAM 6 - time between beep and greeting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell9

Technical User
Aug 18, 2005
US
Hi all,

We're on AAM (CM/SM) 6. When a call redirects to voice mail, the caller hears a beep after the third ring in our environment. It takes a full five seconds after that beep for the user's greeting to be played, whether it's the system greeting or a personal greeting. (I know during part of that five second interval, the recipient can "grab back" the call.)

But we're finding that some callers are confusing the beep with a disconnect tone, and five seconds of silence seems way too long to wait for the greeting to play. Some callers have hung up, thinking no voice mail will answer.

Is there anywhere I can adjust the timing of this, or disable the beep so the caller goes straight from ring to voice mail, or disable the "grab back" feature if that's part of the issue?

Thanks

That beep is the cover tone and is not connected in any way to the AAM.

You can remove the tone

Go into System Parameters Coverage & set the prompt "Coverage-Caller Respose Interval" to 0 seconds. This removes Coverage tone system wide.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Ken, THANK YOU! That's exactly what I was looking for. Works like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back