Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AADS New Install 8.0.1 Install Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallot

Vendor
Jul 15, 2009
US
Hi folks

Doing a new install of AADS 8.0.1. Using SMGR 7.1.2 and SM 7.1.2. Both show as compatible with AADS 8.0.1.

I found a SOLN348647 that sounded very close but, changing the key store password from "3edcVFR$" to "password" did not help. My SMGR enrollment pass word is also "password" which works fine on the Session Managers.

I associate it as probably a certificate issue - using SMGR as the CA - but until the app install is complete, I cannot access the AADS GUI to view the certificates.

One additional item to note, AADS IS getting an identity certificate from SMGR - there's one there for every attempt at the AADS installation / registration I've made. LOL

I keep getting to the point of DRS registration and the app install fails with:

---
"Sending configurations to master node
IOException occurred in getMBeanConnection()
Executing # Sending registration information to DRS master
ERROR # 1 : Sending registration information to DRS master. Terminating configuration process ..........
/opt/Avaya/DeviceServices/8.0.1.0.1026/drs/7.1.3.0.3-29349-SDK-1.0/bin/start_aggregation.sh failed with exit code: 1, exiting...
2020-06-12_14:49:03 /opt/Avaya/DeviceServices/8.0.1.0.1026/CAS/8.0.1.0.1026/drs/drsStart.sh failed with exit code: 1
2020-06-12_14:49:03 Changing owner/group of Avaya Aura Device Services files/directories to "ucapp"
2020-06-12_14:49:13 CAS/8.0.1.0.1026 post-install failed; aborting.
2020-06-12_14:49:24 Install script ended with failure."
---

walley

First upgrade System Manager to 7.1.3.x. Next get rid of 8.0.1. Start with 8.0.0 then upgrade to 8.0.1.x. This gets rid of a nasty little bug with prevents DRS replication for occurring.

Thank you,

Ran with your advice, got the SMGRs to 7.1.3.5. SMs are at 7.1.2 still. Same issue / error with 8.0 and, upgrading to 8.0.1 won't go until I have 8.0 working. VERY strange beasty.

Our Aura run with 8.1
In AADS App Configure: had configure the SMGR Version with 8. Than reconfigure with version 7. Did work for me after three days for searching a solution. Found it in an Avaya SOLN. Some SM Database fields probably did not fit between AADS Casandra and SM Casandra.
Maybe reconfigure it with Version 6 in your environment for testing?

Obviously it is of eminent relevance, that I this, what you celeprate, not optimally effective assume, since the integrate of you in the communicative system as code related terms with me no explosive associations in mental-empirical reproduction process of the mind.

Thanks everyone for your help

After carefully reading the install log, one item stood out. The AADS was not able to find a valid certificate for the SMGR public interface when attempting to access the Public interface. This was what was causing the failure with the DRS sync and resulting in the AADS install terminating with a failure. The System Manager Public FQDN does have a valid entity certificate.

The following is based on an SDM default SMGR deployment on Avaya AVP.

First, System Manager is being used as a CA.

Second, the AADS was unable to ping the SMGR OOB interface by either IP or FQDN so I was using the Public interface FQDN. In this case the SMGR OOB FQDN was in the site's DNS so the FQDN resolved.

Issues found were 2 incorrect network configuration items on System Manager, incorrect gateway on the Public interface eth1 and no information in the OOB route eth0. Upon correcting both, the SMGR OOB interface was now accessible from the Public network. Many thanks to my operations Senior Technical Advisor for assisting with the analysis and then discovering and making the corrections.

Running the AADS "app install" succeeded perfectly when using the SMGR OOB interface FQDN with a valid entity certificate. Not sure how this would have worked if all applications were using default certificates. Probably still would have had to generate a new entity certificate for SMGR and, if SMGR FQDN was not resolved in customer's DNS, would have had to add the FQDN in the AADS /etc/hosts .

Ran AADS to SMGR 7.1.3.5 and SM 7.1.2. Only the SMGR required the FQDN in the AADS configuration - SMs worked fine and accepted SM management IP addresses.

AADS-US management access is via the AADS IP, not the US virtual IP - IP>:8543/admin.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back