Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AADS failing to connect to NTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallot

Vendor
Jul 15, 2009
US
While deploying AADS, the install kept failing do to NTP not being accessible.

After some reading, I found that AADS must have a high stratum clock to get NTP from. Apparently, Windows 2019 is not a sufficient source.

Being this is in my lab, I changed the AADS NTP sources to a couple of the more common public source and then AADS deployed successfully.

Example of sources are: time.google.com, time.windows.com, time.apple.com, time-a-g.nist.gov

No better place than Tek-Tips to log notes... [bigsmile]

FWIW, your Windows server is probably not setup for NTP properly. I would check your other Avaya VMs NTP sync and make sure they're syncd as well. You can get pretty deep into NTP as to why a source is rejected and I suspect AADS might not be the only VM that's giving you that problem.

Thanks kyle555

All other applications are showing dead on for time sync with the Windows server.

I will look into how to make the Windows server a "high stratum" source. My workaround was to direct the AADS NTP to an external public NTP - works great but not the optimal solution.

AADS - the only app I know of that fails install if the NTP source is not available or proper. [bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back