Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AADS and PPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclark1111

Technical User
Nov 5, 2019
US
When using AADS I have the setting to configure the SIP_CONTROLLER_LIST with the list I want the client to use. This is marked in the global setting of AADS.

When going to the controller list appears to be what PPM is sending out. The output from the url is
SET SIP_CONTROLLER_LIST "1.1.1.1:5061;transport=TLS,1.1.1.1:5060;transport=TCP,1.1.1.1:5060;transport=UDP,2.2.2.2:5061;transport=TLS,2.2.2.2:5060;transport=TCP,2.2.2.2:5060;transport=UDP"

The problem - When my client registers it picks the first 2 listed, which is really the same SM, just using different ports. I have defined in AADS:
SIP_CONTROLLER_LIST 1.1.1.1:5061;transport=TLS,2.2.2.2:5061;transport=TLS

This way the client registers to each SM.

I guess I have two questions - is there a way to force what I put in AADS to override PPM?
I have tried adding the Setting - ENABLE_PPM_SOURCED_SIPPROXYSRVR with a value of 0 in AADS with no luck.
Or how do I fix PPM to only offer the 2 options?

Thanks in advance.

So this took an Avaya case and a really long time to figure out. It turns out that AADS cannot set the SIP CONTROLLER LIST, as it will get overwrote with values from SM. The process is the following to clear up the SIP CONTROLLER List.
In SMGR, drill to routing then entities.
Find SM
Click on SM and make sure the end point at the bottom of the page is checked for what protocols you want to offer.
Do this on both SMs
The controller list will match after replication.

Things to check -
Make sure both SMs are in a DataCenter
Also make sure 1 SM is tied to AADS.

We noticed if we changed the secondary SM (one tied to AADS) its settings did not get replicated. it wasn't till we made a change on the Primary SM that the settings were replicated. Avaya said this is functioning as designed, but I don't see how... O well. In the end, my problem is solved. Onto the next challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back