Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AACC Patching from 6.3 SP10 to 6.4 SP15

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanGen

Programmer
Aug 3, 2010
AU
Hi All,

I am going to be patching an AACC 6.3 SP10 solution to 6.4 SP15, I have questions about the upgrade path.

Solution overview:

AACC 6.3 SP10 HA
Server 1a - CCMA, CCMS, CCT, LM
Server 1b - HA CCMA, CCMS, CCT, LM
Server 2a - CCMM
Server 2b - HA CCMM
Server 3a - AMS
Server 3b - HA AMS

The plan was to go straight from SP10 to SP15 but after consulting with a colleague they mention that a colleague of theirs had issues going from SP10 straight to SP15, they had to go to SP13 first then to SP15. I've searched online and read the release notes but can't find anything indicating known issues.

My questions is - Has anyone had any issues with upgrading from SP10 to SP15? Or know of any issues? And has anyone successfully upgraded to SP15 from SP10?

Thanks for the help.

I do not have experience with this particular scenario. However since you uninstall all patches prior to installing SP15 it seems odd that you would need to have an update in the middle.

we have 3 sites 2 servers on each one CCMS/LM/SU other CCMA

the upgrades on the 3 sites were SP13-SP15, SP6-SP15, SP8-SP15 all of which we had no problems. Path i followed with obvious backup before you start, put all the unzipped patches and SP in one folder example:

\temp\SP15\AACC_64_ServicePack15-1323\temp\SP15\AACC_64_ServicePack15_Patches-792\temp\SP15\AACC_64_ServicePack15_Patches-906\temp\SP15\AACC_64_ServicePack15_Patches-1000
1. Remove all ACC pre-6.4 SP15 Service Packs from your system
2. Reboot your system if prompted to do so
3. Copy the ACC 6.4 Third Party Software Upgrade Utility locally
4. Shut-down Contact Center
5. Launch AACCThirdPartySoftwareUpgradeUtility.exe from your local folder
6. Click Upgrade on the Third Party Software Upgrade Utility to begin the upgrade process.
7. After the Third Party software upgrade completes, you must install Avaya Aura® Contact Center 6.4 SP15 Service Packs.
8. If prompted to reboot your system during the upgrade of Third Party software, please do so
9. Install the Common Components Service Pack first (None of the CCCC patches just the SP in \temp\SP15\AACC_64_ServicePack15-1323\ folder).
10. Reboot your system.
11. Continue to install all other Server Packs and patches after the reboot has completed (Select the higher folder \temp\SP15\).
12. Reboot your system once the installation of the 6.4 Service Pack 15 line-up is complete

Install KB2600217 (may already be there)
Important Notes:
1. This update must be applied to your system as a local administrator.
2. KB2600217 is an update to .NET 4. It should be applied after installing AACC 6.4 as .NET 4 is installed as part of AACC 6.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back