Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AACC 6.4 Real Time Report - Multiple Contact Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayaaacc

MIS
Jul 4, 2014
US
Hi All

In an effort to get our WFO (NICE) software to work with AACC, I have discovered that the AACC RTD does not appear to be reporting correctly when multiple contact types are used (voice and e-mail in this scenario). I have attached a screenshot that shows 3 different tests where a Not Ready Reason is set while an e-mail is open with and without an activity code.

In short, the Not Ready Reason is not displayed in the Real Time report whatsoever so long as an e-mail is open. Only the state "Not Ready" is shown.

Two questions:

1. Is this a misconfiguration or by design?
2. Is it possible to disable the default Not Ready button so that agents are forced to select a Reason?

Thank you

NR_Reason_2_f2jhfy.png

I am first going to provide some addition explanation of what I am seeing, then get to the questions.

1. The first sample shows the Activity Code (as opposed to the Not Ready Reason). This is appropriate as the activity is still in progress and technically the agent is not in Not Ready.

2. This is because you cannot be in not ready (technically) while you are working on a contact. Kind of like a voice call, you cannot go to Not Ready while the call is active. Agent Desktop is letting you hit the button, but Not Ready does not truly take effect until you end the email contact. Essentially the Not Ready state is cached until contacts are closed. Thus not in Not Ready = no Not Ready Reason Code.

3. The third sample provides some validation of the statements above, though we do not know for sure how we got to this state. I would guess it is post sample 1 as it is showing a Not Ready Reason Code of Training. Though there is not question it could have been done in another scenario.

4. As I recall reports reflect this status, sometimes to the dismay of supervisors who want to count the time as Not Ready as soon as the button is pushed. Not after the contact is finished.

Question 1: If I understand your scenario then this is design intent. The report question I mention in 4 above has been vetted with Avaya as design intent and it appears you are just viewing the result in real-time as opposed to historically.

Question 2: You cannot force the selection of a reason, only provide a default if no reason is selected. This is also by design.

As with most things the "by design" is good in some scenarios and bad in other scenarios.

Other notes 1: It may seem interesting that an Activity Code ends up in the Not Ready field. From a database standpoint there is one table for Activity Codes (name of the table), Not Ready Reason Codes, and After Call Work Codes. There is a field in each record to indicate the type, but there is a single table instead of what you might assume is separate tables.

Other notes 2: I would be curious to know if the voice component is truly Not Ready. What if a skillset call were presented while in scenario 1 or 2? Would this agent get a call or not. I don't recall.

Other notes 3: Not Ready is a very funky term in multimedia. Depending upon configuration you can be in Not Ready in multimedia skillset while on a voice call.

Hopefully this helps. If there is still confusion we may need more details of the scenario.

Hi Effort,

Thank you for the detailed response. This is helpful, but given these "by design" features, I am uncertain how WFO software is supposed to determine what the agent is actually doing.

For instance, based on your response in point 2, if you are unable to technically go Not Ready, why does RTD still display it? Do we have a misconfiguration that is preventing us from accurately reporting agent adherence?

As an example, I have attached another screenshot that shows an activity code for a Lunch Break while an e-mail is open. However, RTD is still sending a code for the voice being Idle and the e-mail activity code being at Lunch. Any WFO software will see both codes as it is configured today

NRReason3_ie8f6w.png

Additionally, I do not see a way to release an activity code once an agent has returned from lunch.

If that is not possible and the only scenario is to release all contacts, RTD still doesn't appear to display correct (attachment below). Notice that both the voice and e-mail contact type for agent 8800 show an In Contact Status of Not Ready, but only the voice contact type shows the NR Reason of Training. My thought is that if the e-mail contact also showed training and not just "Not Ready", then WFO would accurately report the agent's true state.

NR3_pbu4t6.png

Any feedback on this scenario? I appreciate your help on this. This has been a difficult one for us.

Another thought -

This issue where the reason code displayed for both contact types did not occur until we updated AACC from 6.3 to 6.4 Is there a setting or flag somewhere that will tell AACC not to report on e-mail contact types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back