Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AACC 6.4 long distance in Attributes for Script Variables 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell9

Technical User
Aug 18, 2005
US
AACC 6.4, CS1K 7.6

We are mainly a daytime hours shop, with no specific closed hour. When the last agent logs out for the night, skillset scripting sends calls to a "closed_num" script variable, typically a local NXX number. We let the call center supervisors change the attributes (phone numbers) themselves in the Script Variable Properties section for answering service, on-call cell number, whatever they think is best for that night or week.

I got a call today that an after-hours caller got a disconnect. I checked the closed_num variable, and it was set to a long distance answering service number. We've never used a long distance number before, and I figured it shouldn't work anyway. The supervisor confirmed the LD number was the new answering service number, it was a recent change, and it had been working when they tested. (We don't have high volume after hours calls, and long distance is super cheap, but still...)

I don't see how this could have worked, unless they tested from in-house with 4-digits to the CDN. Regardless, I can't make any 10-digit numbers work in the Attributes section of Script Variable Properties.

My question is where to check this, and what controls it? CDN? ACD? RDB?

Thanks!

The LD number that you have in the attribute - does it follow this format - 91npanxx####?

If yes, look at that NPA in LD 90 and see what RLI is associated and what's the requirement to.

Calls has to come into a CDN in order to access AACC. I'm betting your incoming trunks NCOS is set to 0 and the FRL in the RLI is something other than 0, which is barring your call. You can set the FRL to 0 and test to see if that's the case. If it is, then you have 2 options - leave the FRL at 0 or change your trunks NCOS to be equal or higher than the FRL. Basically, the trunk NCOS has to be the same as a phone NCOS that can make LD calls.

Thank you yyrkroon, that's the piece I was missing. NCOS of trunk and FRL of RLI, exactly as you said. This is stuff that has been "set it and forget it" for so long, my expertise and documentation here is not as strong as it should be. Of course I am more than suspicious that call center supervisor "tested this and it worked," but that's neither here nor there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back