Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AAC_EVENT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewby1

Technical User
Jan 8, 2002
GB
Hi

Can anyone post me a few example lines of idle events from the [tt]AAC_EVENT[/tt] table please (obviously omitting any personal/company info).

I'm writing some code to pull thru [tt]idle[/tt] time from the [tt]AAC_EVENT[/tt] table and link with the [tt]CALLDETAIL[/tt] table but the [tt]idle[/tt] events aren't logging at the moment (fault raised with Aspect).

Do the [tt]TIME_STAMP[/tt]s match with the time the agent finished the call ([tt]TERM_TIME[/tt] in the [tt]CALLDETAIL[/tt] table)?

Do the events happen on a per-call basis and do they hold the duration of the idle time?

Or do they have an [tt]idle start[/tt] event followed by an [tt]idle end[/tt] event...
(giving [tt]end event time - start event time = duration[/tt])?

Cheers all

Hi,
off the head I remember that there are
date- and timestamp-fields for the start of the event and another field containing the duration.
The events are not on a per-call basis, they occur when an agent enters idle state. That may be automatically after a call is finished or whenever he changes from available or any other state to idle (or signs off).

Cheers for the reply.

Sorry for my late reply, been busy writing documentation (eyes are bleeding!)

Given you a star for info and quick response.

Last question - Do you know off the top of your head if the TIME_STAMP logs when the line was written to Aspect (i.e. the end of the event) or when the event started?

Cheers again!

Hi,
whish you all the best for your eyes, I know the feeling very well... :) Thanks for the star.

OK, the full record is written to the table, when the event has finished (i.e there is a value for duration).
When you change reason code during (!) idle-state, you get a new record, too.

Hope it helps,
Chris

Not sure if this is still true for Version 9 but in 7 and 8 the idle was a cumulative for event for the half hour thus the records would never sync with Call Detail because the record per halfhour would be a cumulative of the agents idle time for that half hour. The time stamp would always be a half hourly time stamp.

AFAIK many of the events in "event detail" (eventdtl) are cumulative, but I think aac_event is different and provides accurate timestamps for the start of events... I'll verify this.
But I think you won't be able to match any idle-event with the timestamps in calldetail. Within calldetail, term_time is the time when a call has finished (viewed by an agent, including wrapup_time!). From an active call an agent may transit into another state (available, wrapup or another call) whithout triggering a new record in aac_event . That depends on the COS of the agent, too.

And now to something completely different: What are those queries going to be used for? One time I spent some hours to create a report showing the number of logged-in agents per acd-group within intervalls of 60 mins, 30 mins and finally 5 mins. After a week the manager followed my initial idea: These numbers are good to be used as pointers and clues, but to get to know what's going on and how to improve the situation, you'll have to be able to trust the supervisors and give them the time and chance to do their work within(!) their team...
...just some of my two cents.

bye,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back