Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AAA with IAS. Accounting Problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikarius

Programmer
Dec 11, 2001
ES
Hi Everybody !!

I have a "problem" with my IAS Server. I want to register the accounting information that my routers make. I active the aaa service in my cisco router with

aaa new-model
aaa accounting network default start-stop group radius
radius-server host 192.168.168.192
radius-server retransmit 3
radius-server key radiuskey

I use IAS as RADIUS Server. I have the log of authentication of my users but nothing about accounting. I debug my router and it send the accounting information but my IAS seems that not logged :(

Could anyone help me?

Thanks a lot :)

Certifications:
CCNA, BSCI, BCRAN, BCMSN, MCP

In Progress:
CCNP - Troubleshooting

Have you verified that the Cisco is sending out Radius Accounting on the proper port? Radius Auth generally uses either TCP 1812 or 1645 while accounting generally uses 1813 or 1646. If one doesn't work try the other.

Hi MaxPipeline !!

Thanks for the reply :). The problem seems that when i define the aaa accounting i try to use a list-name-method but i dont asociate this method with the accounting events. Now i use the default list-method and i recive the accounting information :p.

But i have a question more :). Can i receive information of accounting about the client that connect to my VPDN?. I would like the IP that the client connects to me. Maybe vpdn aaa nas-ip-address vpdn-nas command? .

Thanks a lot

Certifications:
CCNA, BSCI, BCRAN, BCMSN, MCP

In Progress:
CCNP - Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back