Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AA Routing to Multiple Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

01grander

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2019
US
We have a Norstar system and I found where you change the attendant in the tables so it rings a certain extension. How do you make it ring multiple extensions? I tried to create a hunt group with two extensions, allow those on all the lines and then went into Tables and added 710 as the attendant but it didn’t ring either phone after I pressed 0.

I showed them how to manually change it but it would be nice if they both got it. Both have all lines appear and ring so both hear it before AA kicks in but only the one listed as the attendant hears it after they press 0.

allow those on all the lines "
In Hunt Groups stay away from line programming it has since you are using AA or you will have a conflict so remove the line assignments in HG programming.
-For each member make their set Ring Only
-Make sure it's set to Broadcast
-You can give it a distinctive ring tone too if: one available and that the software is newer.

Mailbox choices:
Overflow to the voicemails DN/pilot in either case:
-Assign a mailbox with the same number as the HG's DN
Somebody will have to check for messages
or
-Do not assign a mailbox, if the overflow is programmed per above then the caller will default into the General Delivery mailbox which is usually assigned to reception set in most cases.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I’m not sure if I missed something, how do I get the two extension to ring if someone hits 0 on the AA? Or were you saying get rid of AA and just go with hunt groups? I want to stick with the AA, they have it with a message the way they like it.

Sorry if I’m not understanding what you were saying.

Not only have you already programmed "how to have two members rings on 0" but I gave you more pointers.
Which part of the Hunt Group programming I posted are you confused with?

You said you already pointed Table/Attendant to the HG's DN so nothing more to do in AA programming.
You already added your two members in HG.

So now re-read my pointers concerning Hunt Groups to fix the "allow those on all the lines" that you shouldn't have done and what else you need to do in programming.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I am confused because this is not what I normally do. So what did I do wrong if I’ve done it already? Are you saying my only error was allowing those lines under the hunt group? Because I put 710 as the attendant and it didn’t ring after I pressed 0.

Why not just set up an answer DN for the 2 phones

Don,

I never touched phones before this job and I’m the only person at my agency that mildly knows how to do anything. Unfortunately my knowledge is still very limited, how would I do that?

"Are you saying my only error was allowing those lines under the hunt group?"
Yes
That bit of programming would only be for members of a hunt group to answer lines first before anything else.
In your case you have Auto Attendant handling the answering first.

There is also Feature 982 (Operator status) where you can also tell the system what the DN of the Attendant is and also if the Attendant is available or not, change both to 710 and Yes
Maybe that might help.

Hunt Groups were partially designed to avoid using Answer DN because it interferes with voice mail and anyone calling the destination be it internal or external callers it will ring the other phone too.
Hunt Groups ignores an Forward No Answer settings

Answer DN
Example:
221 is reception
You want 222 to also answer 0 calls
Go into 222 and under Answer DN add 221
The Answer DN key will go above the Intercom key.

Again the problem is any call no matter how will always ring 222.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back