Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AA or Skillset

Status
Not open for further replies.

adminkirk

Technical User
Sep 10, 2008
US
Hi all,

I have a scenario where I need to build an external line to route calls to two departments; Sales and Service. We also need the ability to have the caller enter their party's extension if they know it.

The call flow:
1) Call comes into a greeting..."Thanks for calling, press 1 for Sales, 2 for Service, or if you know your party's extension, please (whatever action is required to do so)"
2) Both the Sales and Service department are made up of three employees, with a particular order in which the calls should arrive, depending on who is available
2a) Currently I have this setup where options 1 and 2 go to different hunt groups
2b) I could see building out both Sales and Service skillsets and adding those employees as agents with a defined priority - waste of skillsets or is there a better way for that?

The only way I know how to accept multi-digit caller input is through a Caller Input Rules Table through a skillset. It seems like a waste of a skillset and also a pain to manually add each employee's extension.

Is there a better way to achieve this setup?

Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here. What is wrong with the hunt groups you're using now?

You should be able to change the hunt group to, not sure of rel but most are broadcast, circular, etc. some of these opt may help

I guess the root issue seems to be at what point do you guys use a skillset over AA? Originally I was thinking the ability to input multiple digits w/ a CIR in a skillset was one reason to use a skillset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back