Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AA>Tables> Table 1 AA menu prompt :N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camper66

Technical User
Jul 25, 2008
CA
Again thank you in advance,

I am trying to familiarize myself with the voice mail system..and I notice that under

AA>Tables> Table 1> AA menu prompt:N

What is the "N" setting in this menu option doing or not doing?

If AA menu prompt is set to "Y" then the voice mail will play the default menu prompt. If set to "N" you are then given the opportunity to record a customized menu prompt.

Usualy you record a blank recording there if not the canned greeting will play. Also it is set up to record the main greeting under the customized with the gretings for morning saying good morning then the after noon goodafternoon and the evening saying good evening with the customized followed with the company greeting but we all do not use it that way we just record the main under 1 greeting and the closed under another.

another quick note
if you use the ccr tree(s) then the aa menu prompt is bypassed
so you get greeting ,ccr home menu greeting

if not use ccr you get
greeting , aa menu prompt

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

I know it all sound rather complicated, but effectivly, the menu prompt is like the irritating canned menu that plays on cell phone voice mail- "If you know the extension of the person you are calling, you may dial it at any time, or press # for the company directory...".

It doesn't sound very professional when your main greeting is followed by that in a different voice, so most of us disable it.

Sorry Fireeater (FACT) The AA Menu Promt Plays Before Any Greeting
Not After A Greeing like 1,2,3,4
It also plays before the CCR Tree Menu If there is no CG recorded.

It does not get by passed

AA Menu: Please listen to the following for some options have changed.

Now you Get CCR

Any greeting recorded is played before the aa menu prompt unless you have a ccr tree enabled. Then the path 0 greeting is played after morn afternoon evening or non business(FACT)!

netwt:
don't know which systems you have been working on
but it works that way on the startalk, mini, flash, nam, callpilot. that i have worked on

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

I'm opening myself to attack here, but in my experience, if you leave aa menu prompt= Y, then it will always play, regardless if you're using a ccr, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back