Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AA and ringing ALL 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourless

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2020
US
Hi Folks,

I'm seasoned IT but new to Avaya. I have an IP 500 V2 9.1.8.0 build 172 BASIC - PARTNER Edition in Key System mode with 2 intercom and 6 Analogue lines coming in. I have a single AA setup, all greeting times use Morning Menu Prompt. The Attendant Actions for Morning, Afternoon, and Evening are the same and have Keys zero and one set to Transfer to Number and the Destinations are set to Call Group 1. Call Group one has three extensions in it, 10,13, and 14, and all Hunt Groups, Pickup Groups and Night Service Groups are empty with no members. All Trunk VMS settings are set to an Always Schedule and AA 1. User Button Programming for the three extensions have Line Assignments set to Immediate, and all other extensions are set to either Delayed Ring or No Ring.

All incoming calls during active business hours are correctly greeted by the AA but if the caller selects 0 (operator) or 1 (for customer service) the calls get routed to extension 10 first and NOT to all three extensions as expected. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Partner system never had good hunt group options. I could be wrong, but I think how it is going to work is ring x10 twice, the x13 twice, then x14 twice. See if that is happening. If you want true hunt group functionality you will have to upgrade to Essential Edition.

You might try dialing 71 and see if that works right.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

What I want is for the three phone to ring at the same time and everything I read says you can't do that because the system doesn't work with calling groups when it's in key mode. but in pbx mode, no problem. Is there a work around?

If you select view/admin in the top bar it opens the left panel that has group management. Select calling group. Add the stations. Point the AA to calling group 1. I know it works as I have done it. You should be able to ring it by dialing 71.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I think the big drawback to this is that the call will never cover back to voicemail. it will ring forever.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

kwing112000 said:
I think the big drawback to this is that the call will never cover back to voicemail. it will ring forever.
I'm not really worried about that sine there are three people and they know not to leave the phone unattended, with at least one person covering at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back